Explore South River Project
Join PARC Association and Friendly Circle Senior Centre, Forgotten Trails, Central Almaguin Lifelong Learning (CALLE) and others for sharing events and the launch of the story sharing post card campaign.
Upcoming Explore South River Story Sharing Events
Our first event was held Jan 5, 2020 at the Friendly Circle Senior Centre. Express interest in hosting an upcoming story sharing event for your South River organization event to email@example.com
Post Cards: Tell us what’s special about South River!
Drop your completed post cards at an Explore South River box located at one of these community locations:
Friendly Circle 10 Isabella St
Kawartha Bank – 83 Ottawa Ave
Highlander Brewery – 309 B HWY 124
Eagle Lake Narrows Country Store – 309 B HWY 124
South River Machar Union Public Library – 63 Marie St
- 100 Ottawa ave outside Dr. Robert Weaver’s dental office
Why: PARC invites all community groups, residents, businesses to co-create a thriving vision of our community. Come see how we are working as an open, limitless community to complete an extra-ordinary project together highlighting our history, culture, arts, recreation, learning and entertainment.
What is The Explore South River Project:
A project of PARC Association working with community allies:
- Collecting our historical and cultural stories.
- Creating multimedia versions of the stories in photo, text, audio, video
- Anchoring 12 stories on the land with interpretive panels.
- Linking to online media that comes to life at the panels on handheld devices.
- Creating a print and digital map of all South River area art, recreation, culture, learning and entertainment assets as well as traveller centric assets like where to eat, sleep and a variety of parks and trails to enjoy: Forgotten Trails, Forgotten Tales, Walking & Bike trails, Snowmobile, etc.
- Training to create new experiences to sell to visitors and putting them on the map!
- An inclusive events calendar of all public arts, recreation, culture, entertainment events happening in the South River area.
- Grant funds will match every contribution, donation, membership, sponsorship, etc. (ie. $1 = $3).
- The project will have a total value of over $70,000 with at least $45,000 already confirmed.
- Money will be used to pay local people and businesses to complete project tasks wherever possible.
- PARC and partners will host ad-hoc committees to do whatever it takes to successfully complete the project.
When (The project gets underway this month!):
- Fundraising through donations, membership, and sponsorship starts Nov 7th.
- Community story-telling and storyteller events begin late November.
- Applications for paid and unpaid positions co-working to bring the Explore South River Project to life.
(*Note: Member locations outside the boundary of printed map will only be featured in online map)
Contact: Todd Lucier, PARC Chair (text/voicemail): 705.498.9784 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Express your interest in Explore South River Project by completing the form below:
Learn more: Download and share the one-page project overview.
Yes, we’re the same South River, Ontario that was recently featured on CBC’s Still Standing with Jonny Harris. Check out the teaser for Still Standing in South River below and watch the 22 minute episode at CBC.
As well as providing links to places to stay, eat and enjoy connecting with our community you’ll soon find a listing of community events and places to visit on day-trips to our village.
Got an event you’d like us to know about? Contact us at email@example.com
If contributing funds electronically send us an etransfer at one of the following:
Explore South River memberships: firstname.lastname@example.org
Explore South River sponsorships: email@example.com
Would you like to participate in this project? It’s easy. Just fill out the simple online Explore South River registration form above.