What is The Explore South River Project:
A project of PARC Association working with community allies:
- Collecting our historical and cultural stories.
- Creating multimedia versions of the stories in photo, text, audio, video
- Anchoring 12 stories on the land with interpretive panels.
- Linking to online media that comes to life at the panels on handheld devices.
- Creating a print and digital map of all South River area art, recreation, culture, learning and entertainment assets as well as traveller centric assets like where to eat, sleep and a variety of parks and trails to enjoy: Forgotten Trails, Forgotten Tales, Walking & Bike trails, Snowmobile, etc.
- Training to create new experiences to sell to visitors and putting them on the map!
- An inclusive events calendar of all public arts, recreation, culture, entertainment events happening in the South River area.
- Grant funds will match every contribution, donation, membership, sponsorship, etc. (ie. $1 = $3).
- The project will have a total value of over $70,000 with at least $45,000 already confirmed.
- Money will be used to pay local people and businesses to complete project tasks wherever possible.
- PARC and partners will host ad-hoc committees to do whatever it takes to successfully complete the project.
When (The project gets underway this month!):
- Fundraising through donations, membership, and sponsorship starts Nov 7th.
- Community story-telling and storyteller events begin late November.
- Applications for paid and unpaid positions co-working to bring the Explore South River Project to life.
(*Note: Member locations outside the boundary of printed map will only be featured in online map)