PARC Association Job Posting
Job Title: Explore South River Media Producer
Media production and distribution specialist will plan, produce, shoot, edit and distribute audio and/or video for on-demand distribution on the Internet.
This posting is a Canada Summer Job, to give a young adult (30 years and under) an opportunity to expand their video production resume over the nine week employment period.
Position: 9 weeks of work (30 hours per week) starting June 2020.
- Meet with local story tellers to learn about the 12 location based stories displayed in the region as part of the Explore South River Project.
- Review extended research supporting each of the stories.
- Identify a story-telling theme or voice that will consistent across all stories.
- Create a narrative flow that creates a compelling story.
- Record and edit interviews with regional storytellers who can bring the stories to life.
- Record, edit and produce audio and/or video segments that will be accessible on social media and on handheld devices by visiting 12 location based interpretive signs in the region.
- Post media online. Produce internet content (photos, text, audio, video) and make it available online so visitors can delve deeper into the regional stories at 12 locations.
- If possible geotag the media so it becomes accessible when visitors are at specific locations relevant to each multimedia story.
- Produce online media with South River businesses and add this media to the online map listings produced as part of the Explore South River project.
- Distribute video through existing and emerging media channels,
- Promoting media with online social media.
How to apply:
Send your cover letter & resume to Media@ExploreSouthRiver.ca